On Wednesday, I left for work a few minutes before Scott. I turned off our street and looked for the school kids on the corner that wait for the bus. None of these kids are from our street, yet I always wave to them in the morning. Today, I noticed a car that was parked a few feet past the stop sign, not in the middle of the intersection, just far enough to make me notice it. When I looked around, I saw some people standing around in the driveway across the street. I slowed down and contemplated asking them if everything was okay. I looked up and saw a fire truck, ambulance and Fire Marshall coming down the street. I kept driving to make sure I was out of the way. As I made the next turn, Scott called to ask me something. I can't even remember what it was. I told him the story and asked him to check it out when he went by. A few minutes later, my phone rang again. I could hear the chuckle in his voice as he said, "Didn't you see that car through the front door?" Well, no, I didn't. I was too busy looking for the guy who had a heart attack and had to park his car in the road or the guy carrying a gas can to the store on the corner. Why would I think to notice a car parked in the neighbors living room?! When I went to lunch, I drove by and took this picture. How disappointing. And to think, I actually had my camera with me when I went by this morning!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment