It recently occurred to me that I am very far behind on updating my blog. Given the occasion, I have created a Halloween montage...
We went to Zoo Boo with Heather, Rick and Garrett. The weather was wonderful and the kids were too cute in their costumes. Megan and Garrett rode the rides, including the "Haunted Train Ride". They collected candy and went on a hayride. Lucky for me, most of the handouts were chocolate covered raisins and peanuts. Yum, my favorites!
Megan and I carved a pumpkin. To her horror, the insides were "icky". As I scraped through seeds and pulp, she curled up her nose and refused to touch even the outside. Scott was out running errands, so I was finished by the time he returned. Megan and I lit the candle and shouted "SURPRISE" as he walked through the door.
After the pumpkin guts incident, I decided to try something different. Originally, I wanted to paint the pumpkins, but I found the cutest pumpkin parts at Kirkland's. All you have to do is insert the eyes, nose, mouth, etc. just like Mr. Potato Head.

We went to Megan's Fall Festival at daycare on Friday. I volunteered to help out in her room and make desserts for the cake walk. When I picked her up on Thursday, I momentarily lost my mind and pitched a new game idea. "Hey, what if we had a game like Needle in the Haystack? I could come up with "hay" and we could find objects, obviously not a needle. What do you think?" Well, her teacher was all for it. So, here is was 5:30 on Thursday and I had volunteered to bake and create a new game. WHAT?! I immediately called Renee so she could yell at me. She suggested I buy cupcakes and go to Party City and buy a game. Now, you know I couldn't do that.

I went home and baked 2 dozen cupcakes, after I made dinner. Why should my family suffer for my over zealousness, right? While they were cooling, I went to the store to buy my supplies. By the third store, I was ready to call it quits and go home. Renee called to see how it was going. I told her my idea and we brainstormed while I ran around Wal-Mart. When I got home, I iced the cupcakes, decorated them and packaged them for the cake walk. Then Scott and Megan helped me prepare the game. Believe it or not, everything was ready and I was in bed by 10:00!
Yes, that is Megan in a Superman...um...er...SuperGirl costume. She saw the cape at the store and exclaimed, "Mama, what is that?" It was over. She was going to be SuperGirl! Scott was less than thrilled, so we also got her a "Polka Dot Kitty" costume. I think she looks cute in both.
Megan's class is having a Halloween party on Wednesday. I volunteered to make cupcakes, cookies, etc. Here we go again...
Oooh, oooh...Happily, I would like to report that when I picked Megan up today, the kids were playing the Haystack Game!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment