Megan came home from school complaining that her foot hurts. We had some intense moments contemplating whether or not to take her to the emergency room. Luckily, the swelling and pain was managed with Motrin, elevation and cold compresses. Since Megan is three, she gave two different version of what happened...
Megan: I dropped a toy on my foot.
OR
Megan: I jumped real far.
Well, it definitely looked like results of the jumping story.
I called the nurse's hotline and asked, "At what point do I need to take her to the Emergency Room?" I was given good advice, but I still wasn't sure what was causing the swelling and bruising.
I called Emma Grace's Mom, Heather, to get Ms. Nansi's (Megan's Teacher) phone number. I have it somewhere, but with everything going on, I could not find it. I also needed support and advice. Talking to Heather was a blessing. I know she loves Megan and would help me in any way possible.
I called Ms. Nansi and explained what was going on with Megan. I asked if she had gotten bit by something, if they were outside that day, if she dropped a toy or if she jumped real far. I like Nansi and I know she would tell me anything that she could remember. I felt bad that she felt bad that she couldn't remember witnessing anything that would have caused Megan's injury.
It wasn't until I was in bed that I remembered that Megan had Gymnastics that day! I called the instructor and left a message, but at the time of this post, I hadn't heard back from them. :(
On Friday, Scott took her to the doctor to see what it really was. I wrote a note explaining the time frame and symptoms. I even included that Megan had pumpkin pie for the first time, in case it was an allergic reaction. The doctor laughed out loud at this notion. --Hey, I was just trying to be thorough!
The doctor confirmed that she had twisted her ankles. He recommended a warm bath to encourage circulation. Apparently, there is not much you can do for a sprain.
The bruising looks terrible, but it doesn't seem to bother Megan anymore. And I'm glad. Thanksgiving may have been the other day, but I am thankful for friends who look out for Megan and are truly concerned about her. I am so glad that I have a support system at her school and a wonderful family that continued to check on Megan's progress.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
It's Only A Sprain
Posted by Denise at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment